VATICAN LIBRARY 2020-2021
ACCESS TO THE LIBRARY
10 Settembre 2020
The current conditions for safe access to the Library services will be as follows until the end of the health emergency:
- The opening hours will be from 8:45 to 13:30 on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays, 8:45-17:00 on Mondays and Thursdays.
- To guarantee respect for social distancing, a limited number of scholars will be admitted each day, subject to booking and self-certification of good health conditions.
- The chronological order of receipt of requests will be applied in the collection of reservations
- Scholars must complete the form found at this link FORM and send it to the address firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The reservation is confirmed only after receiving acknowledgment through an email from the Library; the Porta S. Anna Gendarmerie post will check the daily lists of the expected scholars and will not admit those who are not included.
- Scholars will only be able to access the Library if equipped with individual protective devices (mask, gloves), which they must wear for the whole time of their presence, and if they keep the safety distances, also given by the staff.
- The use of the elevators available to scholars is limited to one person at a time.
- The rooms of the Library will be regularly sanitized and sanitizing gels will be available.
- The disposal of the used protection devices must be carried out following the instructions of the staff and using the appropriate containers.
- The bar will be open but access to services will be regulated on the basis of the number of customers present at a given moment.
- The staff will give instructions on the use of the lockers and on the arrangement in the study rooms and will be available for information or assistance.
- Those who come from places considered at risk by the Italian government (in particular: Sardinia, Croatia, Greece, Malta, Spain, Romania and Bulgaria), must comply with the obligations required in terms of quarantine and diagnostics provided and, therefore, be in line with the indications in force that are provided by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Italian Republic: LINK.
- Those who, after being tested, should test positive for COVID-19, must promptly inform the Library.
- Those who do not respect the above regulations will be asked to leave the Library.